Our Community Collaboratives & Partners
Forbush School at Prince Georges County is the first recipient of our pilot program "We Can Work Too". This program is designed to work with participants with disabiliteis in a setting where they can utilize their skills. Participants work with coaches and aides to keep them on target
We believe that "A new way of thinking creates a new way of living."
The Youth Empowerment Workshops improves and impacts the lives of youth by bringing about a positive cultural change through science, technology, engineering & math (STEM), workshops, arts, creativity and fun. We host annual Youth Empowerement Summits (Y.E.S. "It's a Youth Thang") througout the District of Columbia.
In response to the ongoing challenges posed by the youth crisis plaguing our school systems, communities and our homes; we would like to express our concern.
Through all of the turmoil and confusion, some of our youth have become numb and almost non-existent in the cycle of conformity. Together we've internalized ways in which we can become a benefit and
part of a resolution to heal the broken systems of communication, increase parent involvement and bridge the gap between parents, schools and our communities. Our collaborative dedicate and
commit ourselves to becoming the link in healing, nourishing and bridging the gap.
Our nonprofit, 501 (c) 3 charitable organizations provide the Community with:
- Activities for at-risk youth and their families; to promote peace, good health and a non-violent community.
- Increased academic knowledge through our STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) program.
- Recreational and athletic activities.
- Positive mentoring, leadership, character skills promoted through tutoring, good health, life skills training, social and self awareness, and a safe haven.
- Job Training for youth and their families.
- Promote self-worth promotion by teaching and hosting workshops to encourage development and direction, tutoring services, etiquette classes and field trips outside of living communities.
- Encouraging open forums of discussions to resolve community differences among youth and teach ways of resolving problems before they escalate into community disruptions.
- Cultural Expressions through the arts.
- Domestic violence awareness, gang prevention and intervention and safe sex awareness.
VOLUNTEER WITH US:
If you have a desire to support the life of a youth in positive ways, please email us at UOYJ4UF@justforusfoundation.orgee the life of a youth changed
SPECIAL NEEDS HAVE A VOICE, INC. (Founded by Dawn Falade) has partnered with the Just 4 Us Foundation, Inc. This partnership
"Partners for Children With Special Needs" will work tirelessy to provide programs and services for children with special needs that are otherwise unavailable to
them. This partnership will be impacting the quality of life for children throughout Prince Georges County.
OTHER COMMUNITY PARTNERS
- Love International Fellowship
- Ms. Earlys Place
- Uniting Our Youth
- Family Voices
- The House of Sharon
- Quality Trust, DC
- Dreams For Kids, DC
- Independence Now
- C. Elizabeth Reig Regional School-MD
- Uniting Our Youth
- All We God Fundation-DC- Community Youth Summit
- The Gregory Project
- Sharpe Health School-DC- Adaptive & Wheelchair Dance Classes
- Kids N Action DC-
- Hospital For Sick Children Pediatric Center June Fair-Exhibitor since 2009
Where to Find Us:
Just 4 Us Foundation
7717 Greenleaf Rd
Hyattsville, MD 20785
721 48th St. NE (suite B)
Washington, DC 20019
1400 S. Hanson St. (lower level)
6154 Pleasant Lane
4147 Welling Ave
Maryland Office: 301 779 5437
Fax Number 301-576-5136
DC Office 202-455-4371
Pennsylvania & North Carolina: 267-482-0553
What's Going On?
"Keeping It REAL so a Sista can HEAL'" Community Empowerment Summit in Charlotte, NC July 29 2017. Join sisters from all walks of life as we uplift and empower one another.
JFUF Thought of by the Maryland Association of Student Councils
In August 2014 the Maryland Association of Student Council has selected the Just 4 Us Foundation to be their charity for 2014- 2015. We would like to thank (MASC) for choosing our organization as your charity of the year!
This year JFUF offered acting to youth from various counties and they will showcase their skills in the October stage play titled The Courage to Stand Up. Also youth will be showcased in Chicago at A Taste of Theater. We are excited that the youth are becoming more interested in the ARTS..