Our Community Collaboratives & Partners
Forbush School at Prince Georges County was the first recipient of our pilot program "We Can Work Too". This program is designed to work with participants with disabilitiesin a setting where they can learn new skills and utilize them. Participants worked with coaches and aides to keep them on target. The list is currently closed...
We believe that "A new way of thinking creates a new way of living."
The Youth Empowerment Workshops improves and impacts the lives of youth by bringing about a positive cultural change through science, technology, engineering & math (STEM), workshops, arts, creativity and fun. We host annual Youth Empowerement Summits (Y.E.S. "It's a Youth Thang") througout the District of Columbia.
In response to the ongoing challenges posed by the youth crisis plaguing our school systems, communities and our homes; we would like to express our concern.
Through all of the turmoil and confusion, some of our youth have become numb and almost non-existent in the cycle of conformity. Together we've internalized ways in which we can become a benefit and
part of a resolution to heal the broken systems of communication, increase parent involvement and bridge the gap between parents, schools and our communities. Our collaborative dedicate and
commit ourselves to becoming the link in healing, nourishing and bridging the gap.
Our nonprofits, 501 (c) 3 charitable organizations provide the Communities with:
- Activities for at-risk youth and their families; to promote peace, good health and a non-violent community.
- Increased academic knowledge through our STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) program.
- Recreational and athletic activities.
- Positive mentoring, leadership, character skills promoted through tutoring, good health, life skills training, social and self awareness, and a safe haven.
- Job Training for youth and their families.
- Promote self-worth promotion by teaching and hosting workshops to encourage development and direction, tutoring services, etiquette classes and field trips outside of living communities.
- Encouraging open forums of discussions to resolve community differences among youth and teach ways of resolving problems before they escalate into community disruptions.
- Cultural Expressions through the arts.
- Domestic violence awareness, gang prevention and intervention and safe sex awareness.
VOLUNTEER WITH US:
If you have a desire to support the life of a youth in positive ways, please email us at UOYJ4UF@justforusfoundation.org.
JFUF COMMUNITY and FAITH BASED PARTNERS
We understand totaly that an organization can't stand alone, it must have partnerships and collaboruations. These organizations have been very instrumental to our progress:
- Love International Fellowship
- Department of Employment Services
- Department of Behavioral Health
- Quality Trust DC
- Dreams for Kids, DC
- Uniting Our Youth
- Family Voices
- Special Needs Has a Voice
- The House of Sharon
- Indepedence Now
- C. Elizabeth Reig Regional School-MD
- Bridging Together Foundation
- Murphys Multi Cleaning Services, MD
- Breathe of Life Church, MS
- Kingdom Life Outreach Center, MD
- Antioch Baptist Church-DC
- Kingdom Principles International, DC
- Gilead Sciences, CA, NY
- Circle of LIfe and Love Ministry, CA
- All We Got Fundation-DC- Community Youth Summit
- The Gregory Project
- Sharpe Health School-DC- Adaptive & Wheelchair Dance Classes (Closed)
- Kids N Action DC-
- Hospital For Sick Children Pediatric Center June Fair-Exhibitor since 2009
Where to Find Us:
Just 4 Us Foundation
7717 Greenleaf Rd
Hyattsville, MD 20785
721 48th St. NE (suite B)
Washington, DC 20019
4147 Welling Ave
Maryland Office: 301 779 5437
Fax Number 301-576-5136
DC Office 202-455-4371
Pennsylvania & North Carolina: 267-482-0553